Mango or aam or aamra is amongst the most popular summer fruits in India. Its probably the only fruit which comes in such different varieties, from place to place be it the alphanso of Mumbai, safeda of Andhra Pradesh, chausa and dussehri of UP, langhra of Banaras, sindoori, totapari, malda the list is endless. Its consumed raw and ripe and also forms an important ingredient of sauces, pickles, juices, jams too. Mango juice is used to make aam-panna and when mixed with milk, makes milk shake. Its cut into small pieces, dried and then amchoor (dried mango powder) is prepared for various uses.
Health benefits curative and medicinal uses
* General Tonic: Mix mango pulp with a glass of milk (Mango shake) to provide vigour and vitality to the body system. It helps in gaining weight and removes instant debility. It also increases your Red Blood Cells (RBCs) and is thus, very useful when tackling anemic conditions. Mango shake is also effective in pernicious anemia and anemia during pregnancy.
* Heat Stroke: Aam panna is an excellent recipe for treating and preventing heat. It consists of the mango juice from half-baked unripe mangoes along with salt, black pepper, cumin seeds and sugar. It also helps to restore the salt-sugar balance in the body.
* Nausea and vomiting: Mix honey, rock salt, sugar to fresh juice of ripe mangoes and sip the preparation. This provides immediate relief and subdues the nauseating and vomiting tendency.
* Increasing Appetite: Mango juice, along with some sugar and rock salt, removes anorexia and improves appetite. Sucking mango juice wards off impaction of bowels, indigestion and habitual/chronic constipation.
* Insomnia / sleeplessness: Before retiring to bed, take a glassful of mango-shake or mango juice followed with glass of lukewarm water. It will help in countering sleeplessness.
Precautions / considerations in consumption:
* Excessive intake of mangoes can invite gastric problems, itching and redness in eyes, indigestion, heat in blood, loose motions and even anal pain. Thus, mangoes should always be consumed in moderate quantities.
* Jambul fruit offsets and removes problems caused due to excessive consumption of mangoes.
* Avoid taking cold water immediately after mangoes.
* Never take mangoes on empty stomach.
You might like reading this also
Instant Aam ka paani/Aam panna/Green mango drink
Instant Sabudana / tapioca /pearl sago khichdi /vrat ka khaana